Re: When will v1.5 start testing?

We have a couple big bugs that were recently reported by John.  I believe Erik is working on those.

The other major blocker for the next beta is making sure we can upgrade 1.4 instances.  I expect to have that taken care of this weekend along with some other work for 1.4.

I think it is likely we willhave beta 4 out in a couple weeks and a demo on Efficito shortly thereafter.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016 at 3:59 PM, David G <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Philip,

No problem there, Erik will likely respond in a while with info on when
Efficito will have a 1.5 available for those that are eager.
>From what I am seeing there is extremely good progress being made, the
Testing Infrastructure that Erik has put in place is making a  huge
difference in verifying that the new UI is working consistently (at
least where test coverage has been completed) and as expected.

Regards
David G

On 09/03/16 20:48, Philip Rhoades wrote:
> David,
>

> On 2016-03-09 19:50, David G wrote:
>> Hi Philip,
>>
>> You can test 1.5 now if you like, the more the merrier ;-)
>> The only way to do this currently is to run from git branch "master"
>>
>>     git clone https://github.com/ledgersmb/LedgerSMB.git
>>
>> Then follow the instructions in INSTALL.md
>> Be aware these instructions have not been updated as yet so you may
>> need to ask some questions in #ledgersmb on freenode IRC network.
>>
>> It may be of interest to know that #ledgersmb is also bridged to
>> another chat network that has some interesting features such as
>> allowing you to view the chat history even for periods that you were
>> not logged in!
>> To access it this way use their vector web client at
>> #ledgersmb:matrix.org [1]
>> Once you have that page loaded read the RED question and "join" the
>> room by clicking on the join link!
>> Things should work ok if you are logged in as a guest (the default)
>> but I would suggest setting up an account and logging in for a better
>> experience.
>>
>> If you do decide to go down this path, I have an install script that
>> I'm working on that is designed to get you up and running using the
>> git repo as easily as possible. It's not polished as yet but should
>> work.
>> If you want to try it let me know and I'll send it to you and arrange
>> a time we can both be available on IRC so I can assist with any
>> questions when you run it.
>> (it's only been tested by me and 1 other so far)
>>
>> There are expected to still be some issues with 1.5 but they are being
>> fixed almost as quickly as they are found.
>> Erik has bee working hard on getting Browser Driven testing (BDD) up
>> and running so once an issue is fixed it stays fixed which is helping
>> speedup the final stages of development.
>>
>> I am sure Erik and John will have a bit more detail to add about the
>> state of various features of 1.5 but we all agree that more people
>> testing it and reporting any issues they find means it will be ready
>> much sooner.
>

> Thanks for all that info but I probably don't have as much time to
> test as I used to - I guess what I was thinking of was getting started
> slowly with v1.5 via:
>
>   http://www.efficito.com
>
> and reporting problems that I found with that environment.
>
> Regards,
>
> Phil.
>

>> On 09/03/16 11:15, Philip Rhoades wrote:
>>
>>> People,
>>>
>>> I am waiting for v1.5 to start testing before I start using LSMB
>>> again -
>>> any indication of an ETA yet?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Phil.
>>

>> Links:
>> ------
>> [1] https://vector.im/beta/#/room/#ledgersmb:matrix.org

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more