Re: After Dojo widgets tree reorg, now move ./LedgerSMB* into ./lib/*?

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 9:43 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:

> If we make this conditional on the merge of the MC branch, then an important question is if we have an outlook as to the solution of the required data migration from non-MC to MC. As long as we don't have a good solution there, I'm thinking we shouldn't hold back changes conditionally.
>
> I'd like to put it differently: if we postpone this until after 1.5 then is there a good reason why we would *not* want to have this in 1.5 whereas that reason doesn't apply to 1.6?

I am worried about tests and tooling.

Ok. I've actually created a branch with the move, which was easy enough. It's in my repository on the 'create-lib' branch. I'm running into a few things we will run into when users decide to install LedgerSMB in their Perl local distro directories (/usr/local/share/perl/5.xx/LedgerSMB...):

1. The "contact.pm" script hard codes plugins to be stored relative to the cwd (instead of relative to itself or some other module)
2. The X12 (EDI) code has a similar issue with retrieval of its configuration

I'm thinking these modules should use Module::Runtime's module_notional_name() function to look up the directory they've been loaded from and reference plugins/configurations/etc relative to that path. Wouild that be an idea? (I'm using the same technique in Test::BDD::Cucumber to find step_files associated with extensions.)

My branch has been updated including a solution for the issue in the X12/EDI code. Issues in "contact.pm" and PSGI code (which both address files using paths relative to 'cwd' -- assuming that e.g. bin/*.pl exists) remain. (Mostly because I have no idea how to handle them... In a sane world, where do the *.pl files get stored upon installation??)

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.