Re: Remove custom DB fields?

On Wed, Mar 2, 2016 at 12:46 PM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi all,

In our schema, there's infrastructure for something called "custom db fields". This infrastructure is inherited from SL.

Searching through our code base, this functionality *only* hooks into old code. (Except that LedgerSMB.pm sets up some values for it, but new code doesn't use that.)

Since we are now requiring 9.2 I think it is fine to remove it and assume we can add json fields as needed.

I have 2 questions now:

1. What is supposed to be the replacement in new code, if any?
2. If there's no replacement in new code, then can we remove this functionality from current and future releases, as it's no longer supported?

Regards,

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more