Re: Creating a larger release key?

On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 04:14:36 AM Erik Huelsmann wrote:

> The project has been using one and the same key to sign releases for a
> looooong time. The key has a length of 1024 bits, a length now assumed to
> be susceptible to attacks.
>
> Should we create a new key?

  Yes.

> What size?

  At least 2048, of course;  but I'd recommend just going to 4096.

  I went through the same thing when changed my personal GPG key 4 years ago;
thought of changing it to 2048 but decided to skip that size and go directly
to 4096, figuring that would enable not needing to change it again for quite a
while.

Jame