dists/ directory outdated?

Hi all,

In an attempt to clean the repository's top level directory, I'm evaluating all the directories there. One directory which hasn't been touched in *ages* is the dists/ directory.

There are several subdirectories:

 * gentoo
 * rpm
 * source
 * win32

Now, the source/ directory contains only 1 script, which could go in tools/ just as well: it serves only to create a distribution archive (tarball) from a repository.

The win32/ and gentoo/ directories haven't been touched in 8 or 9 years. I think we should delete them.

The rpm directory hasn't had much maintenance in the past, but much more than the others. Not really sure what to do about that one, as it hasn't actually been used in years, as far as I know.

Comments?

--
Bye,

Erik.