Re: LedgerSMB + Dojo on Debian

Hi Robert,

On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 8:27 PM, Robert James Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
All,

On Monday, August 31, 2015 10:42:45 PM Robert James Clay wrote:

> ledgersmb_1.4.15+ds.orig.tar.gz

   Note that a v1.4.x Debian source archive is repacked for use like that
without the embedded Dojo libraries, the packaging depends in the Debian Dojo
packages, and symlinks are installed to access them.

  An example of creating that repacked Debian orig file is as follows (given
the correct version of 'uscan', which I still need to verify but is at least
in Debian Stretch):

$ uscan --verbose
     /watch/sf.php/ledger-smb/ledgersmb-1.4.15.tar.gz (1.4.15)
  => Newer version available from
    https://qa.debian.org/watch/sf.php/ledger-smb/ledgersmb-1.4.15.tar.gz
-- Downloading updated package ledgersmb-1.4.15.tar.gz
-- Downloading OpenPGP signature for package as ledgersmb-1.4.15.tar.gz.pgp
-- Verifying OpenPGP signature ledgersmb-1.4.15.tar.gz.pgp for
ledgersmb-1.4.15.tar.gz
gpgv: Signature made Fri Aug 28 11:42:02 2015 EDT using RSA key ID 8DA0AF10
gpgv: Good signature from "LedgerSMB Core Team (This is the key used for
package signing.) <..hidden..>"
-- Successfully downloaded updated package ledgersmb-1.4.15.tar.gz
-- Successfully repacked ../ledgersmb-1.4.15.tar.gz as
../ledgersmb_1.4.15+ds.orig.tar.gz, deleting 10196 files from it.
-- Scan finished

This looks like a nice and simple process. Would there be options to integrate it with the release process of the source files in the sense that we could put a trigger on apt.ledgersmb.org which executes this process before we send out the release announcement?

It would be great to be able to  service at least the Ubuntu and Debian communities with packages for LedgerSMB through the package repository on every release, announced from the release announcement.

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.