Re: deleting draft transactions

Hi Michael,

Sorry for the late response. I had this mail marked for follow-up all that time, but was busy working on the multi-currency (MC) branch and I was travelling, so I didn't find the time to properly respond until now.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Michael Richardson <..hidden..> wrote:

Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
    > Fixed and backported to 1.4. To be released with 1.4.13 in a week or 2.

Thanks.

On the topic of test infrastructure, I worked for awhile in the mid-1.3
timeframe on:
          https://github.com/credil/ledgersmb-skaffold

the idea was to do system level testing using CURL, and then to get into
whatever unit tests might exist.  I made some minor progress creating new
databases, and I think that I found some bugs in the company create process
which I reported and got fixed.

I could continue, and probably I'll travis-ci it.

I think that would be great! I looked at your test cases so far and they look much more accessible (in terms of new contributor understanding) than the tests we currently have (for the test driver look at: https://github.com/ehuelsmann/LedgerSMB/blob/master/t/63-lwp.t and for the test data, look at: https://github.com/ehuelsmann/LedgerSMB/blob/master/t/data/62-request-data).

Not knowing about your efforts so far and looking at the general direction we seem to be taking toward a more "heavy, browser-based client", I was looking at a framework to test the service infrastructure as well as the individual browser-based widgets *and* the full client-side app. While searching for options which allow to do  that, which also integrate with Travis-CI, I found "Intern": http://theintern.github.io/.

Possibly, different goals need different approaches and I like the simplicity of your approach. How far do you estimate we can take your approach? I'm thinking we'd want to have loads of tests, but personally, I'd be happy if we could shortly achieve the (pretty minimal) goal to asses correct loading of *at least* the initial pages which are accessible off the menu and creation of new companies from inside setup.pl.
Do you think we can use your approach to achieve each of these?

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.