Re: Another question about AP

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 10:34 AM, Erik Huelsmann <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi Chris,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 6:25 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Tod Harter
<..hidden..> wrote:
> There is a non-null constrained column in 'ap' now, entity_credit_account,
> but I'm still very much not sure how that works.

[snip]

Quick basic info:

ap.entity_credit_account references entity_credit_account(id)

[ snip ]

In 1.4 entity can be a company or a person, so you would need to check
company or person tables as applicable.

ar_ap_account_id is used for reversing payments.  We should probably
move that to the ap table but we haven't refactored that far yet to
touch that.

Should we record all these technical answers and put them into the column and table documentation strings in the Pg-database file?

Probably a good idea.  But we should also strive towards more consistent naming of things I think :-P

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more