Re: Another question about AP

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 9:03 AM, Tod Harter
<..hidden..> wrote:
> There is a non-null constrained column in 'ap' now, entity_credit_account,
> but I'm still very much not sure how that works. entities can be associated
> with a 'credit account', which can be associated to an 'ar_ap_account_id'...
> Maybe this is verging on more of an accounting question. I'm just not clear
> on what the intended use is for the intervening entity credit account.

Quick basic info:

ap.entity_credit_account references entity_credit_account(id)

entity_credit_account stores the vendor or customer agreement (in this
case a vendor agreement).
entity_credit_account,entity_id references entity(id) which stores
basic info on the legal entity involved
In 1.3, entity is always a company (company.entity_id references
entity.id) in the ap context.

In 1.4 entity can be a company or a person, so you would need to check
company or person tables as applicable.

ar_ap_account_id is used for reversing payments.  We should probably
move that to the ap table but we haven't refactored that far yet to
touch that.