Setting up income/deduction classes has been postponed until 1.4.9. Highlights of this release include a gapless AR mode which assigns invoice numbers on approval, thus preventing gaps, as well as a number of fairly minor bugs. European users in particular are likely to find this release helpful.
The complete changelog is below. Please feel free to test. I expect a release on Monday if no regressions are found.
Changelog for 1.4.8
* Fixed end-date not a date widget on employee div (Chris T)
* Fixed errors saving person as employee on contacts screen (Chris T)
* Added min empty lines for orders, invoices, and gl (Chris T, 1277)
* Fixed 1280, credit/debit invoices flipping signs (Chris T)
* Fixed 1279, gaps possible if drafts are deleted (Chris T)
* Fixed 1287, perl errors on missing inputs on setup.pl
* Fixed 1285, unable to enter more than 1 top-level rep. unit (Chris T)
* Fixed 1283, dash in header of amounts col in PNL (Chris T)
* Fixed 1284, pdf pnl does not work over https or nonstandard ports (Chris T)
* Fixed 1282, business units not passed to trial balance (Chris T)
Chris T is Chris Travers
Efficito: Hosted Accounting and ERP. Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.