Re: Proposed url space for chart of accounts (1.5)

Hi Chris,

On Fri, Oct 17, 2014 at 2:08 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
I would like to propose the following URL layout for chart of accounts:

The URL prefix is represented here by ... (probably /ledgersmb/1.5/:dbname/)

get accounts/
    Get the COA in HTML or JSON (if it comes through a jquery ajax request)
get accounts.[html|json|xml|csv]
    Get the COA in the specified format
post accounts.[json|xml|csv]
    Import the COA from the specified format, can also post the file to accounts/

Sounds ok, but I have a few questions:

 * How do you handle account headings?
  - Is that a separate URL structure?
  - Can we request accounts/:heading-accno/  to request all accounts under a certain heading?

get accounts/:accno
   Get information about the account by account number
post accounts/:accno
    Save account (may be an update, may not be idempotent)
get accounts/:accno.[html|json|xml]
     Gets the account info in the specified format
post accounts/:accno.[json|xml]
    Save the account represented in the payload.
delete accounts/:accno
   Delete the account (if not used).  Accounts may not be deleted once they havve been used.

In their configuration, accounts should refer to a heading. How do we want to support that? Directly refer to a heading accno? Or do we want to keep our options open and accept an array of string associations? Where each association defines a relation between a hierarchy and the heading inside the hierarchy the account belongs to. [My idea would be that we start with a single hierarchy, so a single account->heading association]..

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.