LedgerSMB 1.4.3 released

Hi everyone,

LedgerSMB 1.4.3 has been released.  There is a significant problem fixed here which everyone should be aware of.  The currency formatting settings moved from per installation to per-company, but the sales tax calculations used the old location and therefore rounded off to the nearest whole currency.  This only affected users of 1.4.0 - 1.4.2.  If anyone has a need to go through and determine what the impacts are for sales tax regulation, please contact me, as I am glad to put some time into helping mitigate this problem.  The issue has been fixed going forward. There are a number of other minor fixes.

We also have a major enhancement, namely the ability to run LedgerSMB via starman with no additional configuration effort (you may still need to configure PostgreSQL, but starman's configuration is entirely self-contained).  This reduces the complexity of getting started considerably.

To use Starman, simply:

perl Makefile.PL, select the options for the standalone server.
make
starman tools/starman.psgi

LedgerSMB will be available at localhost:5000/login.pl and localhost:5000/setup.pl

The complete changelog is as follows:
Changelog for 1.4.3
* Added sanity check for psql availability (Bug 1226, Chris T)
* Added db fix for older eca's missing currencies (Bug 1228, Chris T)
* Fixed bug 1230, pricematrix for vendors not respected (Chris T)
* Updated installation instructions with more Apache info (Bill A)
* Improvements in testing LedgerSMB::Sysconfig (bug 1232, Chris T)
* Fixing sales tax rounding precision (bug via email, Chris T)
* Added Starman/Plack support (Chris T)
* Fixed duplicate user handling in setup.pl (Chris T)
* renamed 'Post as Saved' to 'Post', 'Save as Shown' to 'Save Draft' (Chris T)

Bill A is Bill Appelbe
Chris T is Chris Travers

Efficito:  Hosted Accounting and ERP.  Robust and Flexible.  No vendor lock-in.
http://www.efficito.com/learn_more