Proposed architecture for future versions: dispatch tables for entry points

Hi everyone;

Not sure I will have time to tackle this for 1.5 but wanted to float the idea.  I might have time to tackle this for the rest handler.

Right now the code uses the symbol table as a dispatch table for incoming requests.  While this is simple it is also very leaky in terms of technology, so you get to specify which subroutine you start in, and this can have security considerations if a module has private methods for things like helper functions.

I would like to suggest we move to a more resource-oriented URL structure and use a dispatch table to do it.  In other words instead of subroutines, we'd have a hash of hashrefs, which would all provide coderefs for actions.

What do folks think?

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more