Re: Error.pm deprecated

On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 7:52 AM, Lyle <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi All,
  I've added some debug generation to the error handling, but it's conflicting with Error.pm on occasion which is annoying. Looking at Error.pm, it has been deprecated because if various odd issues with it:

Yeah, 1.4 moves to Try::Tiny

WARNING ^

Using the "Error" module is no longer recommended due to the black-magical nature of its syntactic sugar, which often tends to break. Its maintainers have stopped actively writing code that uses it, and discourage people from doing so. See the "SEE ALSO" section below for better recommendations.

I've noticed that a lot of CPAN modules use Try::Tiny these days instead.

Lyle

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more