Re: Error updating an old transaction

On 09/04/2014 18:10, Pongrácz István wrote:

 Hi,

Just shot in the dark, but your first error line refers to permission issue on update.

The problem should be, as I checked the table definition, update is not possible for transactions, which is technically correct, as you have to fix old transaction with a reverse transaction and post a new one. It means, you will have 3 transactions.

That's the formal argument. But for the casual SMB user, enforcing such a rule leads to very messy and hard to read accounts. Hence popular SMB accounting package like QuickBooks allowing you to edit posted transactions.

Lyle

Cheers,

István

----------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Lyle" <..hidden..>
Címzett: "Development discussion for LedgerSMB" <..hidden..>
Dátum: Wed, 09 Apr 2014 17:31:36 +0100

Hi,
  I'm getting errors when I try to update an old transaction. It's dying in the SQL, but I'm not totally sure where as it's not giving me a line number. The error is being captured, then then it's dying again in the error reporting method:

[Thu Apr 10 17:28:55 2014] [error] [client 192.168.1.40] DBD::Pg::db do failed: ERROR:  permission denied for relation acc_trans, referer: http://mydomain.com/ledgersmb/ap.pl
[Thu Apr 10 17:28:55 2014] [error] [client 192.168.1.40] DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block, referer: http://mydomain.com/ledgersmb/ap.pl
[Thu Apr 10 17:28:55 2014] [error] [client 192.168.1.40] 2014/04/10 17:28:55 - ERROR - LedgerSMB::dberror LedgerSMB.pm (1102) -- Logging SQL State 25P02, error 7, string ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block, referer: http://mydomain.com/ledgersmb/ap.pl
[Thu Apr 10 17:28:55 2014] [error] [client 192.168.1.40] Can't use string ("LedgerSMB::Setting") as a HASH ref while "strict refs" in use at LedgerSMB.pm line 942., referer: http://mydomain.com/ledgersmb/ap.pl
[Thu Apr 10 17:28:55 2014] [error] [client 192.168.1.40] Compilation failed in require at ap.pl line 7., referer: http://mydomain.com/ledgersmb/ap.pl
[Thu Apr 10 17:28:55 2014] [error] [client 192.168.1.40] Premature end of script headers: ap.pl, referer: http://mydomain.com/ledgersmb/ap.pl

I remember in lsmb 1.2 I had to run some code to enable old transactions to be updated. Is that this case in 1.3?

Lyle

Put Bad Developers to Shame
http://p.sf.net/sfu/13600_Cloudbees