Re: Helping new installs find the right dependencies?

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 8:54 PM, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
Chris,

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 2:10 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

> Just an idea, along these lines.
>
> Suppose instead of a tarball with dependencies, suppose we release an ISO
> image containing LedgerSMB and all dependencies (pure Perl and Perl XS).  If
> we want to we can also include source distributions of PostgreSQL as well,
> or a minimal set of TexLive.  Such an ISO would probably be smaller than the
> typical set of TexLive anyway even including everything.
>
> An ISO would also be nice for things like offline installations.

   I've thought of something similar, although in my case it would be
a Debian installation CD with what's needed to install a working LSMB
system from scratch, or get LSMB installed on a working system.
Haven't had a chance to investigate it, though...

An idea that is being worked on is to provide a VM on a minimal Debian install.

Its not me but it is being worked on!

When its working I am quite sure that it will be released into the wilds! (grin!!)

Darald