Re: Questions

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 7:03 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 4, 2014 at 11:43 AM, o1bigtenor <..hidden..> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 11:20 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

On Mon, Mar 3, 2014 at 8:48 PM, o1bigtenor <..hidden..> wrote:
Greetings

I wasn't sure wether to ask these questions here or in the users list - - - so if its the wrong place - - - sorry.

I've managed to really borc my main system so I am thinking that I would just do a reinstall. So I would redo the root partition and in the past I also did the var area as well.

Where are the files for LedgerSMB stored?

The files for LedgerSMB are usually in /usr/local/ledgersmb/ but can be installed anywhere else.

If PostgreSQL is up and running you should try to take a logical backup before you do anything.  You can do this by:

sudo postgres pg_dumpall > /tmp/mypgbackup.sql
cp /tmp/mypgbackup /home/myuser/

Then it should be relatively safe as long as you store the backup.

Database recovery can be a tricky thing from just files.  Having a logical backup is really nice if things go haywire.

When I use the command (on a root console (I think its called)) it tells me :

sudo: postgres: command not found

When I do a reboot or a halt it does say that postgres 9.3 is being halted in the shutdown sequence so I don't know what's the issue here.

My system problem seems to be somehow connected to xorg.conf and nvidia driver somethings. (It doesn't help that I'm running a 4 monitor system as it makes for a very non-standard setup file(s)!)

Thanks for the help!!

Darald