Re: What's ahead for PGObject

Hi, Chris,

On 02/28/2014 03:45 AM, Chris Travers wrote:
I don't know how much of this will get used for 1.5 but it may be really handy for 1.6 but here are the new features I am working on:

1. Serializing and deserializing of arrays and composite types, allowing nesting of arrays in tuples to arbitrary depth.

2. Composite types could then be serialized and passed into db calls as objects without the need for things like cross-indexed arrays and the like.

That sounds very intriguing, I could really see this working well for the web services angle in particular -- being able to represent an entire invoice with line items and possibly payments as a single JSON object, post that to the web service, which in turn simply uses this interface...

Cheers,
John Locke
http://www.freelock.com