Re: sending email via lsmb

On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 4:14 AM, Pongrácz István <..hidden..> wrote:

Hi,

I use my system in my hosted environment and the basic idea, I can host other's systems.

This idea brings up a question, regarding how to send emails properly?

I mean, different users should use their own email system, optionally using auth credentials.

Definitely and this is supported now.

I would like to suggest to extend the email defaults with the following options:

  • [smtphost]:
  • [port]:
  • [username]:
  • [password]:

You mean adding this sort of thing to the System/Defaults screen?

I am not quite sure how best to do this.  There are a couple obstacles to doing this right now.  The big one is that the emails are sent at times there is no db connection (like for example backups).  This could be addressed but there isn't a simple, central solution to the problem.

My recommendation would be to start on trunk after 1.4 branches off.  There's no reason a patch couldn't be created before.

This is to be able to get email system work in any environment.

At this moment this setup only exists in the config file, which is not really flexible.

What do you think?

cheers,

István