Re: LedgerSMB 1.3.x and Apache v2.4?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:53 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:07 AM, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
>>    Variations on not having access to the files, or not
>> recognizing/accepting the URL.
>

> Ok.  Here's what I found when I was installing on Debian Testing:
>
> 1.  Not accepting the URL was initially due to the config not being loaded.
> In my case it was because it was in conf.d when it should have been
> somewhere else.

   I had similar issues;  the 2.2 compatible file can stay there in
conf.d, it seems, as long as another file for the same install isn't
enabled in conf-available.  I do appear to have a working 2.4
compatible file;  it seems that it one is enabled, it doesn't work
properly if a 2.2 compatible file is also in conf.d.   Needs more
testing to be sure, though...

> 3.  I also had issues with it sending Perl code out.  I re-arranged the
> config slightly and modified it.  ExecCGI became +ExecCGI, and I moved that
> line above the AddHandler line iirc.

   I saw that and used it here as well

> I don't know if this is helpful but it's my experience on a manual install
> and so I figure it may be a place to start.

   It was indeed of help;  thanks!

--
Robert J. Clay
..hidden..