Re: LedgerSMB 1.3.x and Apache v2.4?

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 8:07 AM, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 7:57 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> Moving this to the -devel list.
> On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 4:19 AM, Robert J. Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
>>
>>    As I've not yet been able to get a working v2.4 compatible
>> ledgersmb httpd config file;  I don't know if such a file was enabled,
>> if that automatically overrides such an existing v2.2 compatible
>> file..
>

> When you say "not working" what specific issues are you having?  My
> experience might at least be able to help narrow down causes.

   Variations on not having access to the files, or not
recognizing/accepting the URL.

Ok.  Here's what I found when I was installing on Debian Testing:

1.  Not accepting the URL was initially due to the config not being loaded.  In my case it was because it was in conf.d when it should have been somewhere else.

2.  403's were caused by the fact that the require statements were incorrect.

3.  I also had issues with it sending Perl code out.  I re-arranged the config slightly and modified it.  ExecCGI became +ExecCGI, and I moved that line above the AddHandler line iirc.

The latter two should be fixed with the most recent 2.4 config committed to branches/1.3.  If they aren't, let me know and I will see what I can do.

I don't know if this is helpful but it's my experience on a manual install and so I figure it may be a place to start.

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml