Re: LaTeX escaping in 1.4

Chris,

On Thu, Jan 16, 2014 at 12:22 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> I am looking into LaTeX escaping in 1.4.  There is a CPAN module that
> handles this but it doesn't seem to work without patching.  The module is
> LaTeX::Encode.

   What kind of patch does it need?  And is there already a cpan bug for it?

> I would like to propose that for 1.4, unless this is resolved and tested in
> both Debian repo versions

   Note that 0.08-2 is the current version of it in Debian Testing and
Unstable;  includes a patch for a FTBFS (Fails To Build From Source)
POD issue...

> and the main CPAN distribution point, that we ship
> a patched version of the code that we maintain.

> Any objection?

  From the viewpoint of the Debian packaging; yes.  (Debian policy is
against it...)  OTOH;  it would be relatively easy to add a patch to
the package in Debian for it, especially if there is already a cpan
bug for the issue and that bug has still not been resolved by the time
it's needed for the changes you have in mind.

Jame