Re: Separating ar transaction and sales invoice number sequences?

Hi Chris,

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 11:00 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi;

I have received a request for separating ar transaction and invoice numbers.  If accepted this would mean that AR transactions (non-inventory invoices) would use a different sequence than Customer Invoice (inventory invoices).

Just to be clear: do you mean AR transactions or real invoices on which there simply are no inventory items? I mean, I use AR Transactions, but have never used them as real invoices because they look like a GL-transaction-with-AR-metadata. Also, I'm planning to start using invoices to be mailed (as PDF) directly to my customers - these are invoices for services provided, hence without stock. My idea is to use Sales invoices for them, not AR Transactions.

Bye,

Erik.