Re: Connecting PG via pgBouncer

Given that almost everything comes in as a SELECT statement, it does not surprise me that you are limited to transaction mode.

I am not really sure what you are trying to achieve from PGBouncer, and might be useful as a piece of a high availability environment, but I don't think it is going to have the information required to determine what can be safely sent to the read-only replica.

http://www.efficito.com/learn_more.shtml