Re: [1.4 testing] Reconciliation

> On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 11:43 PM, <..hidden..> wrote:
>
>> I made a few test transactions how do I reconcile in 1.4?
>>
>> did cash -> Reconciliation get moved to transaction approval ->
>> Reconciliation ?
>> When I run this report I see nothing.
>>

> Reconciliation is two stages:  entry and approval.
>
> Go to cash/Reconciliation.  Reconcile your books.  Click submit.
>
> Then go to Transaction Approval/Reconciliation and approve it.
>
> This does take marginally more time in the second step but the whole
> process is sufficiently streamlined that it should more than make up for
> it.
>
> Best Wishes,
> Chris Travers

Good morning!

Sounds good thanks! Ill try that.

I am dealing with a Reconciliation bug in our 1.2 based system and was
curious if it is in the 1.4.
During a reconciliation (in 1.2), opening a new window (tab) and adding a
transaction (say GL) in another tab.
Then clicking "update" the Reconciliation in the original tab (bin/rc.pl)
all the checkboxes are thrown off.

This is because bin/rc.pl sub update uses $i to track the R (cleared)
check boxes.
I messed with RC.pm & rc.pl to give me a unique entity_id back on its query.
(patch available)
We could use this to track the check boxes on the form accurately.
I currently am unsure how to copy elements of the 2D array $form->{PR}
into a hash that gets hidden in the form.
Then the hash can be used to refresh selections by entity_id on update.
I think
Cheers
Turtle