Re: unposted transactions and year end

Hi Michael;

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Michael Richardson <..hidden..> wrote:

Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
    > We do.   If it isn't happening, it is a bug, but double checking the
    > code, what we do is:

    > 1.  Zero out the accounts 2.  Create a reporting checkpoint.  At this
    > point we check for unapproved transactions and abort the transaction
    > (cancelling the whole process) if any are found.

I found unapproved transactions from 2011 and 2012 yesterday.
I am not 100% certain that I've closed 2012, but I'm sure about 2011.

Ok, on that I found a trigger that was written (and supposed to be committed) before 1.3.0 but apparently never made it in.  That trigger prevents transactions from being entered prior to the last closing date.  This has been corrected in SVN for the next release.   The trigger is well tested, being used by one of the larger users of 1.3.x from early on.

    > If you can close the books with unapproved transactions, please let me
    > know how to reproduce this and it will be fixed quickly.

I'll try.

My guess, unless something else happened, is that the books were closed *and then* the unapproved transactions added.  This shouldn't be allowed and was fixed.  I would be interested in knowing if you can close the current books (you can do this on a copy of your db for testing) with the unapproved transactions still pending.  If so, please provide details of these unapproved transactions.  I may ask for other info too.

]               Never tell me the odds!                 | ipv6 mesh networks [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works        | network architect  [
]     ..hidden..  http://www.sandelman.ca/        |   ruby on rails    [