Re: Getting Back to testing 1.4

Is 1.4 production-ready, or still beta?

Thanks.
Brian

Activus Technologies
Brian Wolf
Phone: 410.367.2958
Email: ..hidden..
  • LedgerSMB Accounting Software Integrated with Amazon Marketplace
  • Integrated Payment Solutions
On 10/03/2013 03:23 PM, ..hidden.. wrote:
Got it!
It was a configuration error on my end.
In ledgersmb-httpd.conf for my apache 2.4.
apache mod_rewrite cant use mod_alias for some reason?!

Is anyone running apache 2.4 with 1.4 yet?

The first <directory> tag is the one that contains the mod_rewrite
it was set to WORKING_DIR using find and replace and was <ledgersmb-1.4>
apache mod_rewrite cant use mod_alias it needs a complete path there:
Changing to <Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/ledgersmb-1.4/>
and then I had to add:
     RewriteBase /ledgersmb-1.4
Only then did login succeed.
The auth dialog also changed in appearance.

I am attaching a patch for ledgersmb-httpd-2.4.conf.template that
illustrates what I had to do and will prevent users or package managers
from  this error when configuring ledgersmb-httpd-2.4.conf with 'find and
replace' or sed like I did.

Now I can login and connect to my old demo database.
I was able to upgrade it, now I have to figure out how to grant
permissions and change a users password etc.

Thanks for sticking with me!
Cheers Turtle.

October Webinars: Code for Performance