Re: Fwd: Migrating from another accounting system

Hi Brian,

On Aug 27, 2013 12:02 AM, "Brian Wolf" <..hidden..> wrote:

> I didn't receive any feedback at all on the regular list; so maybe someone with experience can help me out here?
> (see below)

What I personally did when migrating from another accounting system (Excel) to LSMB is to import all invoices that I wanted to retain, pay them, so they don't stick around in the AR/AP modules.

Then, I calculated the difference betweenthe balance to be imported and the balance in the system and imported the delta. That way, the opening balance is correct and the information that needed to be retained has been retained.

HTH,

Erik.