Re: Contrib files

Hi Chris,

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 10:20 PM, Chris Bennett <..hidden..> wrote:
I noticed when I was running tests and writing a script I have been
working on that the contrib files for OpenBSD (and another operating
system that came up a couple of years ago that someone else was using).

I saw that all of the files are named like this:
/usr/local/share/postgresql/extension/tsearch2--1.0.sql
/usr/local/share/postgresql/extension/tsearch2--unpackaged--1.0.sql
/usr/local/share/postgresql/extension/tsearch2.control

not tsearch2.sql, pg_trgm.sql, etc.

I just did a ln -s for the testing.
But what is the situation with other OS's?
Is this name change common or just in a few places?

I'm guessing the PostgreSQL version you were using back then was lower than 9.1 and you're now using 9.1 or higher? This seems to be part of the name change that's been going on in PostgreSQL for contrib naming and versioning.

Does anything need to change to reflect this?

Generally, yes: instead of loading the extension file, on 9.1+ you should use the commands "CREATE EXTENSION <extension name>".

--
Bye,

Erik.

Robust and Flexible. No vendor lock-in.