Contrib files

I noticed when I was running tests and writing a script I have been
working on that the contrib files for OpenBSD (and another operating
system that came up a couple of years ago that someone else was using).

I saw that all of the files are named like this:
/usr/local/share/postgresql/extension/tsearch2--1.0.sql
/usr/local/share/postgresql/extension/tsearch2--unpackaged--1.0.sql
/usr/local/share/postgresql/extension/tsearch2.control

not tsearch2.sql, pg_trgm.sql, etc.

I just did a ln -s for the testing.
But what is the situation with other OS's?
Is this name change common or just in a few places?

Does anything need to change to reflect this?

Thanks,
Chris Bennett