Re: Date input field enhancement by tavugyvitel.hu - worth to use it

On Fri, Aug 9, 2013 at 4:30 AM, Pongrácz István <..hidden..> wrote:

Hi,

In the Hungarian sql-ledger fork there is a good small script to improve date input, thanks to tavugyvitel.hu (József Kabai).

It is working like this: you can write this to the field: 0513 and jump to the next input, the script automatically change the 0513 to 2013-05-13 (or the default date format).

This kind of input handling gives quicker data entering.

Check it here in action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1g-3o7a6x8

My opinion, regarding the date entries, it is much quicker and more error proof than the default.

What do you think?

Much of the new code has date fields being of class "date" which is there in part to allow _javascript_ handles to be added programmatically in a central manner.

My larger question is this:  what is the best way to allow for customized handles like this?

Cheers,

István