Re: Proposed changes to make it easier to ship after billing

>>I am trying to figure out the best way to support easy shipping after billing.  The big problem right now is that unless and until we >>completely re-engineer both the invoice and order logic, getting a perfect solution in place is going to be a prohibitively large amount of >>work.  The basic point is that ideally unshipped orders should enter the system as orders, and only after they are shipped/delivered >>should they be invoiced.

Unfortunately, that's not how most companies operate.  Instead, they will not ship the product until it's paid for.
Perhaps the issue here is whether to look at it as an accounting workflow (the current sequence, which you've described) or a business operations workflow (the way most companies actually operate).

Thanks.
Brian

Brian Wolf
Phone: 410.367.2958
Email: ..hidden..
Try out Activus Secure Payments™, our recurring payments application.