Re: Testing out 1.4 with apache 2.4

> Hi,
>
> On Sat, May 18, 2013 at 9:45 PM, <..hidden..> wrote:
>
>> Greetings all this weekend I am testing out 1.4 on apache 2.4 with
>> postgres 9.2 is there a ledgersmb-httpd.conf configured to apache 2.4 ?
>>

> Not that I'm aware of, but ...
>

>> That would have converted the outdated Allow Deny format to the
>> "Require"
>> format?
>>

> ... reading the page you reference, you probably want to change the lines
>
> Order Deny,Allow
> Allow from 127.0.0.1
> Allow from localhost

> Require ip 127.0.0.1
> Require host localhost
>

> Also the install script install.sh might want to check apache versions
>> unless I missed something.
>>

> It looks like you shouldn't need to find any other configuration issues,
> if
> I'm reading the page correctly. You'll need to enable/load the modules
> mod_authz_host and mod_authz_core, though for the above to work.
>
> At first I didn't understand why the install.sh should be changed, but you
> mean to detect the version and pick the right configuration file to
> install?
>

>> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/upgrading.html
>>

> Thanks for your report!
>
> Bye,
>

> Erik.

Thanks yes.
I am looking into updating the Gentoo ebuild to possible call a modified
version of that script.

Here is what I got working:
##
#Ledgersmb-1.4 config for apache2 2.4 series
##
 <Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/ledgersmb-1.4/>

  # Rewrite rule to allow HTTP Authorization information to the scripts only
  # from this directory.
  RewriteEngine On

  # Redirect the /ledgersmb and /ledgersmb/ URL paths to
  # the true login script: /ledgersmb/login.pl
  RewriteRule ^/ledgersmb/?$ /ledgersmb/login.pl [R]

  # Indicate that the HTTP Authorization data should be passed
  # to the CGI scripts running from this directory
  RewriteRule .* - [E=HTTP_AUTHORIZATION:%{HTTP:Authorization},L]

   AllowOverride All
   AddHandler cgi-script .pl
   Options ExecCGI Includes FollowSymlinks
    Require ip 127.0.0.1
    Require host localhost
    Require all denied
   #Require all granted	#for testing

# Prevent unauthorized access to configuration
# and access control files
  <Files ~ "\.conf$">
    Require all denied
  </Files>
</Directory>

 <Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/ledgersmb-1.4/rest>
   RewriteEngine On
   RewriteBase /ledgersmb/rest/
   RewriteRule .* ../rest-handler.pl
 </Directory>

 <Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/ledgersmb-1.4/users>
   Require all denied
 </Directory>

 <Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/ledgersmb-1.4/utils>
   Require all denied
 </Directory>

 <Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/ledgersmb-1.4/spool>
   Require all denied
 </Directory>

 <Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/ledgersmb-1.4/templates>
    Require all denied
 </Directory>

# vim: ts=4 filetype=apache

Hope it saves someone some head scratching.
Cheers turtle