Re: Any objection to releasing 1.3.27 tomorrow?

    Chris> 2)  A couple of important extensions to setup.pl including:
    Chris> * If no db is entered in the credentials screen, a list of
    Chris> db's found
    Chris> on the server is brought up.

    >> Can this be turned off?

    Chris> Certainly one can disable the setup.pl and use other means
    Chris> (command line)
    Chris> to upgrade your db's.  I suppose we could add a global
    Chris> configuration

No, I mean, the list of companies/databases!

Oh, I read the above that the list of companies would be on the *login*
screen of the setup.pl.    Now that I re-read, that is not what you
proposed... so NEVER MIND :-)

    >> I also wouldn't mind if the default company could be stored in a
    >> long-term cookie, and if whatever is causing my browser to refuse to
    >> save my password could be optional.
    >>
    >> I'd rather give users really really really strong passwords which their
    >> browser stores (under a browser master password), than force them to
    >> type and/or copy&paste each time which encourages them to keep a post-it
    >> on their monitor.
    >>

    Chris> Again this isn't a user-visible change so much as an
    Chris> admin-visible change.
    Chris> Note that in 1.2 (and SQL-Ledger) when creating a database it
    Chris> would list
    Chris> existing db's at the top of the screen.

Yes, that's true.... getting some users to remember database names
(which is a rather admin choice, and sometimes one has to rename/change
things for silly reasons) is sometimes hard...

] ..hidden.. http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
	               then sign the petition.