Re: LedgerSMB 1.4.0 Beta 1 released

On Sat, Dec 15, 2012 at 06:13:11AM -0800, Chris Travers wrote:
> The LedgerSMB development team is proud to release the first beta release
> of LedgerSMB 1.4.0.  This represents a significant amount of effort and a
> significant amount of code reworked.  This release integrates a budgetting
> module, better reporting, and much more.  Highlights include:

> New Business Reporting Unit System (Chris T)
> * Replaces Projects and Departments
> * Business reporting units may be nested
> * Allows one to do funds accounting, track jobs separately from projects,
> etc
> * Report on any combination of business reporting units (up to one per
> class)

I'm quite interested in the budgeting, and business reporting unit system,
and one of the things I need is a good story about why LedgerSMB is better
than things like Quickbooks online or Freshbooks, or any of the other accounting
systems out there.

One of my business partners asked me if there was a video about the advantages
of LedgerSMB.. so does anyone have any 'marketing' oriented material, or even
just an interview with some small business owners about why they like this
system over others?

For me, I'm completely sold on 100% open-source for everything my business
runs on. I just need to have something halfway flashy to nice looking to
explain to others why this is a good idea.