Re: Data base sanity checks

Our sanity checks right now are limited to the tests in t/43-dbtest.t and defined in the files of sql/modules/test/

These tests are not comprehensive.  We don't test to make sure that every table is created, etc, but generally if you are missing a table you are going to get errors somewhere, since the stored procedures are tested and they have pretty good coverage of tables.

The script I use (the password is not real of course) is tools/pre-release-tests.sh.  This script will actually run the db sanity checks and Perl-level API checks (with a db commit filter) and this is safe to run on production databases since every transaction eventually rolls back.

If you would like to add more sanity checks feel free to put them in sql/modules/test/System.sql.  Currently the sanity checks there are limited to function overload and very basic permissions checks.