Proposed feature request (indefinite version): LaTeX document classes

Hi all;

I am wondering what folks think about moving from LaTeX templates per se to LaTeX document classes and packages, with a lot less micromanagement of layout in the template itself.  The idea is that we could provide a good LaTeX development environment rather than some sample documents.  The LaTeX document classes might even be things that could be pushed into TeXLive, thus getting more exposure and wider use.

If other projects use our work this increases the likelihood that we can expand our exposure to the market generally, and may get help in this area from others as well.

I figured it would be worth asking folks here though before filing a feature request.