Re: Split db id's accuratly from dropdown

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 3:48 PM, <..hidden..> wrote:
Hi all I am testing a small change.
If you name a project, group or whatever with a -- in it
you will get a db error on searches by that group or project.
Due to splitting the db id at the wrong point.

Yes, this is a problem.

Where we are going in the future is to have the ID only returned by the dropdowns.  That seems like the far cleaner solution.  I don't really know why DWS initially returned both sides but it leads to a bunch of problems (that is only one).  Returning the ID alone is a lot cleaner.  Also 1.4 removes this problem with projects and departments.

If you send a patch I can include it as an add-on but I don't see putting it in main-line until it is more widely used.  I am concerned there may be unpleasant surprises lurking somewhere.