Re: Web API

Hi,

Sorry for my late reply :)

---------------eredeti üzenet-----------------
Feladó: "Chris Travers" <..hidden..>
Címzett: "Development discussion for LedgerSMB" <..hidden..>
Dátum: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 18:56:49 -0700

To be more specific:

I use jitterbit community edition to make integration tasks. I connect to Magento using its WSDL interface, which is relatively easy to do, without knowing the internals of Magento (php, _javascript_, database etc.). To access data on Magento, I had not necessary to modify the code of Magento in any way, so, I can access from one application (jitterbit) to any Magento on the world via internet.

So, my vision with lsmb would be similar: to access a (relatively) simple interface, avoid any code modification, to access information and manipulating them. That is why I asked my original question, is there any web api or similar tool to access to lsmb.

After reading your replies, I guess there is no such an interface yet available in the mainline code, so, it is necessary to find a workaround or mode.

As I am getting familiar with jitterbit, I plan to use this tool in the future, instead of writing own code. Some reasons:

So, in this case I can see the following limits and scenario:

I just start to check Bennett's interface, which seems to provide the same/similar functions what I need. As I wrote earlier, these functions are pretty common :)

I hope I explained a little bit better, what is in my mind, when I wrote web api :)

Bye now,

István