Re: Move to git?

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 9:18 PM, Jeff Kowalczyk <..hidden..> wrote:
John Locke <mail@...> writes:
>  Clone from: git://git.freelock.com/git/ledgersmb.git

Happily, despite independent origins, John's git-svn repository and my
own arrive at identical SHA1 identifiers for the current trunk (master)
commit, including SVN metadata. I wasn't sure this would be the case.
The fact that it is so is a testament to the quality of git-svn's
accuracy in addressing revisions by content.

I propose that Chris Travers:

- create a (free) github organization "ledgersmb"

done

- a repository "ledgersmb" within,

Added John and you so this can be set up.  that seems the easiest way.

- provide John Locke organization access to clone his repository
  and (git) mirror his existing git-svn mirroring automation there.

The github organization is a future-looking resource, and one that
would be used today as a canonical clone source for ledgersmb's git
users.

Once this is in place:

A README.git-svn would be committed documenting use of this
repository, noting the canonical subversion repository, and listing
procedures to commit for ledgersmb committers, or git-format-patch for
non-committing contributors. Github's issue tracker and pull requests
would be explicitly marked as not for use.

Ok.  I guess once the above is in place we can work on this.