Re: Move to git?

Hi,

I use git pretty much exclusively, and maintain a git mirror of LSMB here:

* Browse at: http://git.freelock.com/?p=ledgersmb.git;a=summary
* Clone from: git://git.freelock.com/git/ledgersmb.git

This repo automatically updates from the SVN master every 6 hours, so it should be quite up to date. Occasionally if I'm trying to address something specific I'll do a manual update more often...

I'd be happy to move this repo to Github if people would prefer -- and I probably will if a lot of people start using it. I'm sure I could set up our current update script to update a copy at Github...

I've been using this setup for years now, and have had no issues whatsoever related to working with the project. I generally use git diff to generate patches and then email those to Chris or Erik for review/commit to SVN -- when I sent some patches via git format-patch, Chris had trouble applying it, so since then I've stuck to manually generating patch files and sending them as attachments.

So while I'm definitely in favor of a move to github or equivalent, I don't think it's important enough to disrupt the current productivity of the core developers. And I'm not feeling like there's anything more necessary to facilitate git users -- as Jeff mentioned, git svn seems to work reasonably well if you do want to commit directly to svn...

Cheers,
John