Where to put the PHP interop classes

Hi all;

I am trying to decide where to put the PHP interop classes.  It seems
we have a few possibilities:

1)  In /addons/ maybe a new directory like /addons/languages/
2)  In a separate open source project like ledgersmb-php on
Sourceforge or Google Code

I am leaning towards the latter because we could do additional
releases on Freecode and hopefully get more interest that way.
However, I would like to get feedback from others first.  Maybe I am
missing something.  Maybe the other way is better, etc.  So let me
know what you think and have your say.