Re: Errors in some LedgerSMB locale/po/ files

On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 06:26 -0400, Robert James Clay wrote:
> On Sun, 2012-06-17 at 22:20 -0400, Chris Travers wrote in
> ledger-smb-devel mailing list:
> > On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Robert James Clay <..hidden..> wrote:
> > >  One of the things available to Debian Package maintainers is a report
> > > about possible package translation issues.  Checking the one for the
> > > LedgerSMB package [1], I found the following files have "fatal errors":
> > > nb.po, fi.po, es_AR.po, ar_EG.po, & es_AR.po.
>
> > For Arabic, I don't even know where to start, as with fi.po and nb.po
>
>    IIRC, those all seem to be issues like extra double quotes in the
> translated string.  (I.E.;  don't necessarily need to know the language
> in order to fix the error.) I could check...

   Short term, I could patch them at least for the debian package to
take care the immediate issue with the files.

> > es_AR I could take a closer look at I suppose.

   And/or contact Andre about it?   I'll take care of that, in case he
hasn't been following the mailing list recently.

> > A larger question is what should we do with these translation files
> > generally if they are unmaintained and have errors like this?
>
> .... I could check with the translators team (..hidden..)
> about them.

   And more generally, contact the authors of the translations. I'll
look into what will be involved with that.

Jame