Add wiki page for Government requirements around the world and possibly build a testsuite from them.

I am from Australia.  The ATO here provides 45 test scenarios to make
sure software is working correctly to be used todo accountancy in
Australia.

http://softwaredevelopers.ato.gov.au/testscenarios

There is a list of products that pass
http://softwaredevelopers.ato.gov.au/viewproductregister

Currently there is not one single open source program listed.  This is
where accountants in Australia will go and look for software.

I would suspect other countries have the same thing.   Also registered
developer companies can get access to information about the Australian
tax system before they happen.  So not being registered is competing
with one hand tied behind back.

Yes I want to see more FOSS accountancy software in Australia.  Only
recently here did we get the means to submit items from Linux systems
to the Tax Office.

http://auskey.itmaze.com.au/how-to/auskey-under-linux

Only end of 2010 did we get auskey for Linux.  Before that to
electronically submit to the tax office and you were running Linux or
OS X you could buy a copy of windows and a virtual machine package and
write that off on the tax return.  So Linux based accountancy was kind
battling up hill.

I suspect I am not alone with this problem of FOSS software not being
registered with thier countries tax offices.  There is also not a list
of tax offices around the world and there requirements in accountancy
software.

Maybe this list should be on the wikipedia or some other joint project
between FOSS in the hope of getting tax offices to share methods.

By being registered and setup correctly make a business wishing to use
ledger-smb life simpler.

Peter Dolding