Re: Considering merging a few things into 1.3 from 1.4, feedback requested

Actually thinking about this a bit more....

On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 7:27 PM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> I am thinking after 1.3.18 is released we may want to merge a few very
> specific parts of the 1.4 framework into 1.3.
>
> * LedgerSMB::App_State namespace and maintenance for tracking database
> connections, locale objects an the like.  Basically this is set up
> during the initial request process and torn down at the end.
>
> * LedgerSMB::PGDate object type.  This is an intermediary type which
> stores date and timestamp info and allows greater consistency of
> formatting when sending the  objects to TT.

Might not be a bad idea to backport the intermediary formats as an
add-on and auto-detect them in the LSMB code so as to minimize
patches.  This would give some time to see what the actual impact is
so we don't cause problems in a production branch.,