Immediate plans regarding 1.4

Hi;

Over the next week or two, I would like to accomplish the following
regarding 1.4:

1)  Get a development snapshot out that is stable enough for the most
basic work (AR/AP/GL) and provides the basic reports.
2)  Send a document to this list entitled "Writing Reports for LedgerSMB 1.4"

I don't expect to get the major advancements in web services and
payroll ready by then but hopefully within the next month or two, all
going well.  Once that takes place I think we can consider 1.4 in the
alpha stage, and basically work on completing the work needed for
1.4.0's general release.  However in the mean time I would encourage
anyone who is likely to have a need to be able to write custom reports
to consider donating effort to 1.4's reporting rewrite at that stage.
I think you will find that the new reporting structure, while it can
use a little smoothing out, is far superior to the previous one.