LedgerSMB 1.3.17-RC1 released

Hi all,

I have put together 1.3.17-RC1 to address the tax issues found in
1.3.16.  This release contains one other major bugfix which is worth
noting for testing purposes as well.  Please review this and report
problems.

The test version can be downloaded at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ledger-smb/files/Beta%20Releases/1.3.17-rc1/

The two critical bugfixes in the system are the fix for internal
server errors when looking up sales taxes and uploads of binary files
being broken.  The first is a simple, well-contained fix which I have
validated but could use some extra eyes.  The second is more
intrusive.

The file uploads issue manifested in two ways depending on the binary
form of the file.  It might manifest as a seemingly small file (maybe
20K) causing file.pl to eat up memory until it would be killed, or
action not found errors.  These both stemmed from problems on input.
Text files and PDF's were not affected.

The fundamental problem was that the script is reading standard input
as UTF-8 and that includes the posted file data.  I had previously
assumed that url-encoding would not pose a problem and of course PDF
uploads worked.  However when uploading images (a use case for one of
my clients) things broke.  The result was that I had to change the
STDIN handler from :utf8 to :bytes.  This affects *all* data submitted
by the browser, but is believed to be safe because we expect UTF8 from
the browser explicitly and set it as UTF-8 in the perl code.  This fix
could use some additional testing regarding non-ASCII characters in
user-submitted data being printed properly on invoices.

Full changelog is below.

Changelog for 1.3.17
* Address now shows on ECA selection screen (Erik H)
* Taxes::Simple now respects min/max values based on subtotal (Chris T)
* Fixed company name/address missing from income statement (Chris T, h/t Mark L)
* Fixed company name/address missing from balance sheet (Chris T, h/t Mark L)
* Optional image retrieval with size detection for latex templates (Chris T)
* Added option to attach images to LaTeX PDF invoices/orders/etc (Chris T)
* Corrected one is_zero error with latest Math::BigInt (Chris T)
* Fixed file uploads sometimes hanging (Chris T)
* Fixed file uploads sometimes throwing action not found errors (Chris T)
* Fixed helpful DB error messages not displayed (Chris T)
* Fixing Form.pm so that max_post_size = -1 behaves as in CGI::Simple (Chris T)
* Fixed internal server error on tax lookup (Chris T)
* Better error message on db version error (Herman V)
* Fixed parsing error in xedemo bin_list.tex (Erik H)

Chris T is Chris Travers
Erik H is Erik Huelsmann
Herman V is Herman Vierendiels
Mark L is Matt Lubratt