Re: 1.2 -> 1.3 API differences

On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 9:49 AM, Chris Travers <..hidden..> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 9, 2012 at 7:47 AM, M Lubratt <..hidden..> wrote:
> Good morning!
>
> I've been running 1.2.x for a while now and I've developed a program that
> interfaces to it through web POSTs and GETs.  I'm looking at transitioning
> to 1.3.x and I'm wondering how the API for POSTs and GETs has changed,
> including user authentication.  How much rewriting will be involved for my
> custom program to interface with 1.3?  Or, is it substantially the same?

For these areas if it's an option,
you will have better luck connecting to the db and calling the
appropriate stored procedures.

I've moved this thread to the developers list.

I'm starting to work on some stored procedures to provide interfaces for a separate program to post GL, AP and AR transactions.  I just want to be sure I'm posting the proper things to the proper tables.  It seems that the transaction id is taken from the id sequence for all 3 types of transactions.  Then the appropriate insert is made to either the gl, ap or ar tables.  Line items are inserted into the acc_trans table with the appropriate setting for approved (selectable in the procedure call).  Then another insert into the transactions table with the correct approval state.  All of the procedures would have proper permissions (gl_transaction_create, ar_transaction_create, ap_transaction_create).

Am I missing anything else required for proper postings?

Thanks for the help!
Mark