Re: Plack/PSGI support?

Hi;

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 2:58 AM, Mikkel Høgh <..hidden..> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Given that I haven't done much work in the Perl space, this post might just serve to illustrate my ignorance. For this, I apologise in advance :)
>
> I had a hard time getting LSMB set up, due to its use of old-school CGI, which is not supported by our webserver of choice, nginx.
>
> I was looking for solutions, and came across Plack: http://plackperl.org/
>
> That seems to be a neat library, and can function as a FastCGI daemon, which would make running LedgerSMB behind other webservers than Apache HTTPD feasible.
>
> So, would it be possible for future LSMB releases to be adapted to support/work with Plack?

I think the long-run plan is to move eventually from our current
structure to PGI, and then allow mod_perl, plack, etc. to provide that
via fastcgi, etc.

The immediate problem is that the old code is not re-run safe.  There
are all kinds of scoping issues there.  We need to eliminate it first.

So the answer is "yes" and "we are working on it" but also "it will
take a while..."