Re: LedgerSMB addons from "baby" to "teenager".

On Sat, Mar 31, 2012 at 07:13:36PM +0200, H?vard S?rli wrote:

> - some way to keep track of witch addons is installed
>    name and version
> - witch file(s) each plug in brings.

I think this is going to require something natively in LedgerSMB just
for the purpose of control and information about addons.
Otherwise, updating or removing addons could be a disaster.

I also see some other issues.

How to deal with different users wanting to change a few details in each
addon, just for their use. Not sure if that will really matter since
they might be able to keep track of those changes privately.

What to do if someone submits a very useful addon and at a later date
vanishes. Especially if the addon isn't really suitable to bringing into
base LedgerSMB, but is very popular.

> -type of minimum documentation for a addon
>    - how to enable them, (install, setup - general )
>      and for each addon (if something is special)
>    - how to use the features in each.
>    - What they do - Some sort of a  "Plugin directory"
>      "<ehu> with some screen shots and short feature descriptions"
>

> - The upgrade/setup.pl script need to take care of some kind of blocking
> if the addons does not have the right version
> (Like Firefox plug-ins, Upgrade of Firefox - blocks old plug-in - if not
> compatible )

It seems to me that what I was talking about above will be essential,
except for an initial install. That can just check if the addon matches
current LedgerSMB version.

Chris Bennett